Re: [gnome-mud] Icon

On Tue, 2004-02-10 at 15:28, Jordi Mallach wrote:
> Hi Dan!
>
> Wow, that was quick :)

Couldn't resist :)

> I had been struggling to decide if it was correct to mail you or not for
> a pair of weeks. :)

No worries about that! Shoot me a mail anytime!

> Personally, I like the current colour, but let's see what everyone else
> says. I also like that it's not straight, being bent gives it the
> GNOMEish look I had in my head. Your style really matches what I wanted
> :)

Glad to hear you like it!

> The website colour is probably irrelevant, but the result I personally
> like a lot. I don't know if you have some ideas to make it a bit better,
> for me it's ok as is, but I'm not an artist at all :)

lol, ok! I just used it because you didn't give me any colors you
wanted. Just figured I'd look for something about the project and use
whatever I could find...

> My concern. Do you think this one will be ok to use on the notification
> area? Will it look ok when scaled at that minimal size? I have tried to
> make my mind up about this using the zoom in inkscape, and I guess it'll
> be ok, but you probably have more experience.

I'm sure it will be fine if we leave it simple

> Well done, and thanks! Personally I'm going to love it: simple idea, and
> a simple result.

No problem!

Now, I've gone and used the GNOME HIG color guidelines, and changed the
colors to comply with that. If you don't like it we can always say screw
the HIG, but it may be better to follow it.

The GNOME foot should now be turned correctly; sorry about that sloppy
mistake, I was in a bit of a hurry!

I don't think we should make it more complex; I played with it a bit and
I think it's better to keep it simple...

If you don't like the new HIG compliant color, we can change it back
easy, so it's no problem. Like I said, whatever you guys want!

Also, the notification applet is usually on a bar that is 24 pixels
tall, so I think a 20x20 icon will be fine for it.

Anyway, let me know how you like the changes, and if we should keep the
old color/choose a new one or whatever...
--
Daniel G. Taylor

Jabber: dan amessage de

This email was sent from a machine running Gentoo Linux. (http://www.gentoo.org)