Re: [gnome-love] gtk3 installation

Please reply to the mailing list (CC'ed). Thanks.

On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 19:09 +0300, Антон Козловский wrote:
http://python-gtk-3-tutorial.readthedocs.org/en/latest/install.html

I used this manual to perform instalation. I've stoped at

$jhbuild build gtk+

When I run this command I'm getting an error. As I understand I have
to install additional packages
https://wiki.gnome.org/Projects/Jhbuild/Dependencies/OpenSUSE

But it is 700Mb to download!

"Normal tools" it is for example PyGTK lib for python2.x. I was really
surprised when I didn't found gtk3 lib for python.

        Hi Anton,

        On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 17:36 +0300, Антон Козловский wrote:
        > Why there installation of gtk is so complicated. I've just
        want to
        > learn how to write gui applications with python and gtk3.
        But before I
        > will possible to do this I have to do many actions to
        install all the
        > packages, download source and so on.

        Could you explain which steps you followed?

        > It makes me upset that there is no normal tools for
        development.

        What are "normal tools" for you?
        GNOME for example offers Anjuta as an IDE.

        > And it is a bad taste to compile software from source.

        You don't necessarily have to compile GTK from source if you
        install the
        corresponding devel package of your distribution and if your
        distribution ships a recent GTK version.

        andre
        --
        Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
        http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/