Re: [gnome-love] gtk3 installation

Hi Anton,

On Sat, 2014-08-23 at 17:36 +0300, Антон Козловский wrote:
Why there installation of gtk is so complicated. I've just want to
learn how to write gui applications with python and gtk3. But before I
will possible to do this I have to do many actions to install all the
packages, download source and so on.

Could you explain which steps you followed?

It makes me upset that there is no normal tools for development.

What are "normal tools" for you?
GNOME for example offers Anjuta as an IDE.

And it is a bad taste to compile software from source.

You don't necessarily have to compile GTK from source if you install the
corresponding devel package of your distribution and if your
distribution ships a recent GTK version.

andre
--
Andre Klapper  |  ak-47 gmx net
http://blogs.gnome.org/aklapper/