[gnome-love] New propossed GnomeGoal: Modernize your autotools configuration

Hello,

I just made a blog post [1] and thought that maybe this can be useful
to all because autotools is the most common system [2] to build
programs in GNOME.
The idea is that remove deprecated macros from our configure.ac files
and use the new syntax will do our build system more legible and
portable.

Autotools comes with a tool that do the work for us: simply run
autoupdate
in you source tree and you have a new updated configure.ac. (Check the
result for possibles errors)

You can see more tips and links to the documentation in the GnomeGoal
page: [3], for example:

- Use all the parameters of AC_INIT(), (for the fifth parameter you
need autoconf >= 2.63.2):
- Use LT_INIT() syntax for libtool (needs libtool >= 2.2.0)
- Use AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE() new syntax: AM_INIT_AUTOMAKE([1.10 dist-bzip2])

Any improvement/suggestion/comment welcomed

Regards,

[1] http://blogs.gnome.org/jjardon/2010/01/25/modernize-your-autotools-build-system/
[2] http://live.gnome.org/JavierJardon/NewBuildSystem
[3] http://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/ModernAutotools