Re: [gnome-love] OpenHatch.org indexing "gnome-love" bugs, and other ways to get new people involved
- From: Asheesh Laroia <asheesh openhatch org>
- To: Murray Cumming <murrayc murrayc com>
- Cc: all openhatch org, gnome-love <gnome-love gnome org>
- Subject: Re: [gnome-love] OpenHatch.org indexing "gnome-love" bugs, and other ways to get new people involved
- Date: Fri, 23 Apr 2010 19:41:23 +0000
Excerpts from Murray Cumming's message of Fri Apr 23 08:19:47 +0000 2010:
On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 04:32 +0000, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
Clearly we should let project contributors tell us the language of
their project so we don't just call it "Unknown". (We do try to query
ohloh.net for the project language, but it's not super reliable.)
We'll work on that.
http://openhatch.org/+projects/Glom now shows the project's language and
an "edit" box for changing it, if necessary.
I also notice:
- The list of bugs is outdated. It shows at least one bug that was fixed
over a week ago. I noticed this before. It's the main thing stopping me
from recommending the site. I can imagine that it takes lots of
processing and querying to keep it up to date.
But that's all automated. So the automation must be broken. I'll take a
look into that.
- The list of suitable bugs, which I think is most important, is not
obvious enough, for instance from here:
- The link to the actual bug is not obvious enough when clicking on an
item, for instance from here:
"link" is too generic a name for a link.
Interesting point there.
We'll fix the first and think about the second two and keep you posted.
You recoil from the crude; you tend naturally toward the exquisite.
][Date Next] [Thread Prev