Re: [gnome-love] OpenHatch.org indexing "gnome-love" bugs, and other ways to get new people involved

On Fri, 2010-04-23 at 04:32 +0000, Asheesh Laroia wrote:
Clearly we should let project contributors tell us the language of
their project so we don't just call it "Unknown". (We do try to query
ohloh.net for the project language, but it's not super reliable.)

We'll work on that.

http://openhatch.org/+projects/Glom now shows the project's language and
an "edit" box for changing it, if necessary.

Thanks.

I also notice:
- The list of bugs is outdated. It shows at least one bug that was fixed
over a week ago. I noticed this before. It's the main thing stopping me
from recommending the site. I can imagine that it takes lots of
processing and querying to keep it up to date.

- The list of suitable bugs, which I think is most important, is not
obvious enough, for instance from here:
http://openhatch.org/+projects/Glom

- The link to the actual bug is not obvious enough when clicking on an
item, for instance from here:
http://openhatch.org/search/?q=Glom
"link" is too generic a name for a link.

--
murrayc murrayc com
www.murrayc.com