[gnome-love] Empathy Installation

Hello,

I have downloaded empathy from git and tried installing it to work upon the love bugs posted in the gnome love bugs by Xavier Claessens but i am unable to install it as it says
"Requested 'telepathy-glib >= 0.7.27' but version of Telepathy-GLib is 0.7.26"

i have downloaded the tar.gz file and installed it proving it to be futile effort
it says to manually set the pkg-conf path for non standard installations and i am unable to do that can any one guide me through.

cheers,
shirish