Re: [gnome-love] Empathy Installation

Most likely, your manually built telepathy-glib got installed
to /usr/local, and your distributor built version (the one from
apt/yum/whatever) is in /usr. If I'm right, the
file /usr/lib/pkgconfig/telepathy-glib.pc says it's version 0.7.26,
and /usr/local/lib/pkgconfig/telepathy-glib.pc says it's 0.7.27 (or
whatever you installed).

To include the file in /usr/local, run the configure script like:
PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH ./configure

You can also run
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH=/usr/local/lib/pkgconfig:$PKG_CONFIG_PATH
and after running that, you can just run ./configure as usual.