[gnome-love] libglade

Hello All,
Sorry for very basic question. I'm starting out and was putting GUIs together from scratch just to get the idea of things. I then decided that I'd give glade a swing and let it do some of the work.

My question is how do you pop that interface you create up on screen. I know that's very basic but all I can find is a lump of minimal code which should work. I followed the libglade link on the glade page (http://glade.gnome.org/) to:

http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/libglade/

and used the lump of code there which does compile and execute but it does not pop any interface at all. I can't seem to find anything else about the actual displaying of the user interface in libglade documentation. It seems like it should be as easy as that piece of code on the web page. Maybe I should have installed more then I did?

Any help gratefully received.

John