Re: [gnome-love] libglade

John Whitmore wrote:
Hello All,
Sorry for very basic question. I'm starting out and was putting GUIs together from scratch just to get the idea of things. I then decided that I'd give glade a swing and let it do some of the work.

My question is how do you pop that interface you create up on screen. I know that's very basic but all I can find is a lump of minimal code which should work.
Hello,

I hope I understand well..

So you created your glade file already.
for the code I assume you use the one on http://www.jamesh.id.au/software/libglade/, so

    xml = glade_xml_new("filename.glade", NULL, NULL);

loads the glade file filename.glade so first make sure the glade file has this name or change the code to use the name of your file.

if you run the binary from a terminal, do you see some output?

cheers