Re: [gnome-love] AppIcon in a PyGTK application

Thank you for your quick response.

- What is the PyGTK method for doing the following in C:

  g_set_application_name (_("Gurilla"));

gtk.set_application_name
I might have an issue with my environment, but if I run the following
i the python interpreter:

import gtk
gtk.set_application_name("test")

I get an error message: "'module' object has no attribute
'set_application_name'"

gtk.ver

gives the following output:

(2, 14, 0)

Do I have to run gtk.main() before set_application_name can be run or
is there something missing in my environment?

- If the application uses glade files to setup the UI, how do you make
sure that these files are themeable? My understanding was that these
XML files were read during startup/initialization and have to resolve
the icon references. Will the icon properties be overriden by code?

My understanding is that you don't have to do anything. It just works

Any application I could look at that uses both PyGTK and Glade?

Try meld. It's in GNOME SVN
Well - Meld is the application I'm trying to add support for the
AppIcon Goal so I was hoping for an python application which already
has support for this which also uses Glade files.

Best regards,
Trond Andersen