Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

On 3/31/06, Juan José Sánchez Penas <jjsanchez igalia com> wrote:
Hi all :)

On Tue, Mar 28, 2006 at 05:45:59PM +0200, Julien Gilli wrote:
On 3/28/06, Alejandro Garcia Castro <acastro igalia com> wrote:

I agree, we can investigate the most simple way to build gnome with
mozilla
tinderbox, we can also create some kind of roadmap from that first
deployment in order to analyse what could we get from it. We could even
deploy some kind of sandbox with a simple prototype example, just a couple
of modules. After buildbot and mozilla-tinderbox tests we can decide. Does
this suit with what you were planning Jaap, Jérôme, Julien?

That sounds good to me.

I work with Alejandro at Igalia, and am also interested on the topic :) We
have already some very preliminary results we are going to share very soon,
but I wanted to propose something first.

Maybe we are a bit too close to the deadline for submitting proposals (it
ends in a few hours), but it looks like it would be a good idea to have
some kind of organized discussion during Guadec on this topic. What about a
bof on continuous integration for Gnome? Would it be interesting?

That would be great. I'm not sure what the schedule looks like for
non-talks, but I could easily see an entire day of hacking on
tinderbox and dogtail/ldtp...

Luis (who will try to write up a requirements description for
tinderbox tonight or tomorrow morning)