Re: [gnome-love] Tinderbox (automatic daily build) for GNOME

Hello,

On 3/27/06, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com> wrote:
On 3/27/06, Julien Gilli <julien gilli wengo fr> wrote:
> Hello,
>

> On 3/27/06, Luis Villa <luis villa gmail com > wrote:
> > When I looked at buildbot last year it seemed like setting it up to
> > build multiple, consecutive, interdependent tarballs (i.e., gnome)
> >

> Could you please give us further details about what was the technical
> problem by the time you tried?

Any GNOME tinderbox must take at minimum an ordered list of CVS roots,
ideally drawn from jhbuild (since that is basically the canonical list
of modules), and be able to build that list.I could find no support
for a *list* of roots in buildbot, just a one-at-a-time type support.
[It did seem like I could code it up myself, but it seemed
non-trivial, and I had other things to do.]

That is at a minimum. Ideally it should also be able to:

[..snip..]

Ok, i'll try to review all the needed features you listed in your e-mail and report what i find to the list.
Thank you very much for your insightful comments!

Best regards,
--
Julien Gilli