Re: [gnome-love] Where to make a policy suggestion?

--- David Berg <drberg1000 gmail com> wrote:
You have the same difference with just about every
thing in life.  We
have car drivers, and auto engineers and everything
in between.  But
each group is dependant on the others.  The drivers
would still be
toting a cart behind a buggy (using a typwriter or
printing press) if
the engineers didn't enjoy designing high
performance engines, playing
with various gears and tranny designs etc.  And the
engineers wouldn't
beable to take it beyond a hobby if there weren't
millions (billions)
of people wanting to spend 3 to 300K dollars on a
car/heavy equipment
etc (cell phone, desktop, server, supercomputer).

That's a really good analogy, and yes, you're
absolutely right, we need the mechanics and engineers
who enjoy tinkering with their systems, and if your
proposal helps train new tinkerers, then I'm all for
it :)

There's one thing I find very interesting/amusing
though...
Most people *hate* going to get their car fixed,
because the mechanic makes them feel stupid and
ignorant.
And car mechanics don't design the car's interface.

Just something for us all to ponder... :)