Re: [gnome-love] CapsLock indicator for GNOME menu?

On Tue, 2006-04-18 at 17:28 +0100, Calum Benson - Sun Ireland Usability
Engineer wrote:
On Sun, 2006-04-16 at 16:33 +0100, Magnus Therning wrote:
This might be off-topic, but wasn't really sure where to turn with my
problem. Hope you don't mind ;)

I am getting really irritated with my keyboard. It has no indicators for
the state of CapsLock and friends. I thought it'd be nice to have a
little applet in my GNOME menu that indicates the state of the keyboard.
Is there such a thing already?

Yes, the Keyboard Accessibility Status Indicator applet does this, and
has been part of GNOME since 2.6 or so.

I tell a lie... it will show you if you've locked caps (and friends) by
pressing a Shift twice when sticky keys is turned on, but not if you
just press Caps Lock.  That's possibly a good feature request :)

Cheeri,
Calum.

mailto:calum benson sun com            Java Desktop System Group