Re: [gnome-love] First post to this list and request for help to start a project

On Sat, 2006-04-15 at 00:55 +0200, Paolo Ciarrocchi wrote:
Hi all,
this is my first post to this list so be patient with me :-)

I never develop under GNOME and it's been a few years since last time
I coded ( I was used to write C programs) and I would like to start
understanding how to develop a small GNOME application.

What I would like to do is:
- a graphical application
- an application that list all the installed kernels in the systems
- an application that allows to remove kernels/modules dirs

That's because I'm used to compile/test/install my owns kernels and I
would like to have a simple tool to get rid off of old kernels that I
don't need anymore.

There's an unofficial app [1] in gnome-system-tools that does more or
less what you want, it edits grub/lilo, but doesn't rm kernels. Beware,
it works but it's badly in need of maintenance love :)

[1] http://gnome.org/projects/gst/screenshots/boot.jpg

So, first question is... What are the suggested steps to start writing
a GNOME apps?

I'd suggest you http://gtk.org/tutorial ,
http://live.gnome.org/GnomeLove also links to interesting stuff

        Carlos