Re: [gnome-love] feedback on getting started.

On Thu, 2005-11-03 at 10:40 -0700, Elijah Newren wrote:
On 11/3/05, Joachim Noreiko <jnoreiko yahoo com> wrote:

Does the gnome website need help with this sort of
thing?

developer.gnome.org needs lots of help.  I don't know if that's part
of the foundation's having hired Shaun to write some good
documentation or not.  You could try asking on gnome-web-list.

It is not.  I have quite a lot of ideas on what sort
of documentation is lacking, on how we should structure
our developer-oriented web stuff, and on how we should
be putting all our documentation online.  But the bulk
of the work is not going to come from me, not in the
near-term future at least.

What we need is for a dedicated individual, or group of
individuals, to pick this up and run with it.  And not
half-assedly, either.  Gather requirements, evaluate
options, look at our content organizational needs, and
consider the localization aspects.  Put together a solid
and viable system that's easy to update without turning
into page soup (e.g. live.gnome.org).

It's not an easy task, but if a few people dedicated
themselves to it, truly dedicated themselves, it could
be done.  I am not currently in a position to dedicate
myself to that kind of task, so it's not going to come
from me.

--
Shaun