Re: [gnome-love] idea for a new project

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 16:25 +0100, Jonas Geiregat wrote:

Of course you're always free to do whatever you'd like.  If you're
searching for a learning experience you probably won't mind reinventing
the wheel.  But if your use case is "I don't have a good note-taker,
I'll write one" then give Tomboy a look.

Yes I've know Tomboy and yes c# doesn't suite me ...
I won't call it reinventing the wheel rather doing something with
different ideas in mind. Tomboy works more as note taker while my idea
is more of it to be as list keeper. I know tomboy also has this
ability and more so why not join them ?
Well I like my idea more instead of having some word alike app in
front of you full of notes I would rather have a list full of items
that represent "things". Clicking on an item opens it , it's a more
structured way of managing your "things". Also it will be writting in
C and might one day be a part of gnome-applets.

I probably should have said, "making a different or better wheel".  Best
of luck to you with your project.

Given recent events[1] I should point out that it's really cool that we
have multiple apps doing some overlapping tasks.

And I now realize that my reply has been mostly noise.  :(

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2005-March/thread.html#00078