Re: [gnome-love] idea for a new project

On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 15:17 +0100, Jonas Geiregat wrote:
<snip>
I've been thinking of creating something I call a
"list keeper" , It will be a gnome panel applet similar to how the
current gnome menu works.  You will be able to create categories which
will hold list item. That way you can create a "todo list", "tobring
list" , "toread list", "totalk list" etc .. that is easely accesseble
and modifiable from your desktop.
I would love to hear all kinds of comments on this idea ..

Jonas,

Have you heard of Tomboy[1]?  It sounds very similar to your idea.  You
may find it more worth your while to hack on it.  However, it is written
in C#, which may not suit you.

Of course you're always free to do whatever you'd like.  If you're
searching for a learning experience you probably won't mind reinventing
the wheel.  But if your use case is "I don't have a good note-taker,
I'll write one" then give Tomboy a look.

[1] http://www.beatniksoftware.com/tomboy/

Caleb