Re: [gnome-love] Things that make you go "What in the world is That?!?"

On Mon, 2004-05-24 at 14:52, Ed Mack wrote:
developers who are new to developing for gnome, are also most of the
time new with the gnu building tools,
a section covering these tools would be a nice addition. Such a
section would be perfect to come before '3. Debugging'.

That is very *very* true :) I'm one of them.

(Depending on which tools you are referring too, I was also new to some
of them when I started, though I was familiar with others...)

Can I ask you the same questions as Geiregat?  Which gnu building tools
are you referring to (gcc, make, auto*, etc.)?  And, which of those do
you believe are important for the beginner to know?

Thanks,
Elijah