Re: [gnome-love] some questions

Hi Steven,

On Sat, 2003-11-15 at 08:55, Steven Van Impe wrote:
[...]
my contributions right now consist mostly of talking to people about
linux, and showing off my shiny new gnome 2.4 desktop :)

Keep doing that. The more people that see something that works, the
better for GNOME. :-)

however, i would like to contribute codewise as well, as soon as i have
all the required skills and some more free time on my hands (life is
kind of hectic right now: lots of work for school and spending most of
my free time learning more about linux)

You do understand that life never gets less hectic, right? I remember
thinking that "once I get out of school I shall have time to do all the
things I want". Years later, I am still waiting for that time to become
available. :-)

since i believe the gnome desktop will be one of the most important
projects to help linux get on more desktops, i feel i should learn more
about it, and try to contribute at least some ideas right now

to get to the point:
if i have some ideas, or remarks about the current way stuff works in
gnome (from a user interface point of view), where should i post them,
so they get noticed by the right persons ?

There is a usability list whose task is to look at this sort of stuff.
You can subscribe to that list at
http://mail.gnome.org/mailman/listinfo/usability/ .

You may wish to have a quick search through their archives first (also
linked off the page above) to see if your particular points may have
already been covered. It gets frustrating to have to answer the same
questions all the time, so you can ease the burden on those guys by
showing signs of having done your research first. But they are a
friendly group, so any mail containing constructive comments will be
welcomed.

Cheers,
Malcolm