Re: [gnome-love] Revitalising gnome-love ... some history

On Sun, 2003-11-09 at 21:59, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
Plus you can have bugs that aren't bugs, but jobs that need doing.
Some of my bugs in Conglomerate are of the "must have a think about such
and such and decide if we're going to implement it for the 1.0.0
release" or "must have a good attempt to crash the network code" -
Bugzilla as project management tool.

Though I'm kinda throwing ideas around here; actually having emails
discussing things on mailing lists has that personal touch that's
important when getting people motivated, I think.

Also agreed (please stop reading my mind now). If we did start producing
regular "here are some things to work on" reports, I would like it if
somebody (or a group of somebodies) had the time to roughly triage the
list and provide some guidance for people about where to look. I would
contrast this approach with the weekly accessibility bug report: a good
report, a list of of bugs that need fixing and changes since the last
week. But not much in the way of motivation to get to the places where I
can do something. The barrier is not that high for reading about the
accessibility bugs (Calum's web page list includes a brief summary of
the bug titles), but it may be possible to do even better.

Might want to look at what I did towards the end of the 2.0 cycle with
weekly 'worst open bugs' list- that seemed to get slightly better
turnover than Calum's list, though admittedly that was a different time
:)

http://lists.gnome.org/archives/desktop-devel-list/2002-May/msg00464.html

is one example.

FWIW, I'd desperately like to be involved at this level, but it looks
unlikely I'll be able to do it ATM.

Luis