Re: [gnome-love] Modem dialup in gnome
- From: Alexander Larsson <alexl redhat com>
- To: Carlos Garnacho Parro <garnacho tuxerver net>
- Cc: MArk Finlay <sisob eircom net>, Darryl Rees <rees netnam vn>, gnome-love gnome org, desktop-devel-list gnome org
- Subject: Re: [gnome-love] Modem dialup in gnome
- Date: 14 May 2003 13:31:41 +0200
On Wed, 2003-05-14 at 13:36, Carlos Garnacho Parro wrote:
* A nautilus view/URI to display all possible dial connections, with the
possibility to add/remove, connect/disconnect and view properties, using
Why does everyone think that making nautilus views instead of normal
dialogs are a good thing? All the items you list that would be done in
the view could easily be done in a normal dialog window, with less work,
less confusion for the user and a better UI.
Seriously, nautilus is a file manager and filesystem browser, not a
place to embed every dialog in GNOME.
(Note, I don't mean to jump on you personally, I've just seen this idea
in a lot of places, and I seriosly disagree with it.)
Alexander Larsson Red Hat, Inc
alexl redhat com alla lysator liu se
He's a one-legged drug-addicted cowboy with a winning smile and a way with the
ladies. She's a psychotic snooty pearl diver from the wrong side of the
tracks. They fight crime!
] [Thread Prev