Re: [gnome-love] Hi, which way ?

On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 16:44, Alan Horkan wrote:
On Wed, 2003-01-22 at 18:09, James Willcox wrote:

I could selfishly suggest you work on the projects that interest me
(and i do) but if you have specific interests such as office software
or graphics or multimedia, or usability, or accesibily or
internationalisation i can better recommend stuff.
Perhaps i could suggest a project that would help you in your studies?

Actually it doesn't really matter what the project is about.. Only thing
is it must be something I will start during the school break and
continue later..
Just recommend me something , or give me the list so I'll pick one :)

You might also consider looking at http://bugzilla.gnome.org
and try and find bugs that have the easy-fix keyword and try fixing
them
as a way to get started and familiarise yourself with Gnome Gtk.

Great!  We're always in need of more help.  The "what do I do" question is
a very common one for people wanting to contribute.  Really, the only
formal list of tasks we have are found in bugzilla
(http://bugzilla.gnome.org), so maybe you should start there.  Fixing bugs
is a great way to get involved in the community and become familiar with
the code base.  The bug squad hangs out on IRC (irg.gimp.org, #bugs) if
you want to get involved quickly.

I think this will be my next step, but I don't think fixing bugs in
other people's code is not an efficient way to begin with. Somebody
wrote it, I'll understand it, find the problem and fix it. I'm sure it
would be very easy to find and fix the bug for the person the wrote it.?

Thanx,

Furkan