[gnome-love] Hi, which way ?

Hi,
I'm a 3rd year computer engineering student from Turkey. The school is
on break for about 35 days and I want to spare some time for
contributing gnome project. After some search on gnome.org I found todo
page which is no longer in use and this mailing list to begin with.
It would be great if someone can show me where to begin..
I can join/help some projects or start a new project on the given
topic..
Anyway, waiting for your help..

C - Upper-Intermediate
C++ - Intermediate. I am familiar with oop,data structures from the oop
lessons. I did a project which involves oop (with FLY3D)
Perl -  Upper-Intermediate
Gnome/GTK+ - I don't know anything about these ,but I bought a book
about programming with gnome and gtk :)
Socket Programming - I'm really interested about it but unfortunetly I
didn't have a chance to do something including sockets etc. But again I
bought a book about TCP/IP programming and ready to read it.
Linux - I have been usign linux(only) for about 1.5 year. I'm really
familiar with it. I had OS Lesson this year so I'm also familiar with
kernel and how it works. I also designed a character device driver. (The
project on Gary Nutt's book)

Thanx a lot

Furkan Fidan