Re: [gnome-love] Can't find header files

Em Sat, 13 Jul 2002 04:08:45 -0500, Maya <escalante canada com> escreveu:

I am trying to install gnome-vfs-configh in my Debian box, and although
the './configure' script does not issue any warnings or errors the
'make' command does. Apparently the 'gnome-vfs-config' header files
include a header file called "liboaf/liboaf.h" and "gconf/gconf.h", but
my system does not have these files.
Does anyone here know how do I go about getting them?

Hello friend,

You probably want to know how to use auto-apt:

5.3 How to install packages "on demand"

You're compiling a program and, all of a sudden, boom! There's an error because
it needs a .h file you don't have. The program auto-apt can save you from such
scenarios. It asks you to install packages if they're needed, stopping the
relevant process and continuing once the package is installed.

What you do, basically, is run:

     auto-apt run command

Where `command' is the command to be executed that may need some unavailable
file. For example:

     auto-apt run ./configure

It will then ask to install the needed packages and call apt-get automatically.
If you're running X, a graphical interface will replace the default text
interface.

Auto-apt keeps databases which need to be kept up-to-date in order for it to be
effective. This is achieved by calling the commands auto-apt update, auto-apt
updatedb and auto-apt update-local.

You may want to check out http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/apt-howto (the
manual from which I got the above tip). Or apt-get install apt-howto.

[]s!

--
kov debian org: Gustavo Noronha <http://people.debian.org/~kov>
Debian: <http://www.debian.org> * <http://debian-br.cipsga.org.br>