Re: [gnome-love] Doc love apologies.

On Tue, Jan 22, 2002 at 01:26:32AM -0600, Kevin Conder wrote:
      Let me apologize for some of my flippant remarks...

   s/flippant remarks/unjustified flames/

The GTK+ Reference Documentation Project is an even worse. It
looks like their status page (http://www.gtk.org/rdp/status.html)
hasn't been updated since *late 1999*! I guess they want to keep
the information a secret.

      I was being sarcastic here. I know the RDP team doesn't want to
keep their information a secret. I was trying to be funny.

Do you have to be a close personal friend to someone on the Gnome
Foundation to write docs? Why do the documentation teams fail
to document their own efforts? Makes no sense to me.

      Email makes it hard to express sarcasm. I was poking fun at the
out-of-date Web pages that I mentioned earlier (DocTable and RDP Status).
Sorry for any misunderstanding.

  The project doc pages are:
    http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/

  Which is accessible from:
    http://developer.gnome.org/
    Projects
    http://developer.gnome.org/projects/
    Documentation

  The first section include a link "Joining the GDP":
    http://developer.gnome.org/projects/gdp/join.html
    with informations about:
    - joining the dedicated mailing list
    - the IRC #docs channel

 And learn that sending a flame mail (it's how I read it) to
an unrelated channel has *never* solved any problem

Daniel