Re: [gnome-love] No love for docs?

On Tue, 2002-01-22 at 02:44, Kevin Conder wrote:
      I'm documentation writer fluent in the ways of DocBook. I've been
looking for a way to contribute to the Gnome project. So far, I helped the
programmer of the guikachu project when he posted a direct plea to the
gnome-doc mailing list. I have much love to give...

      However, it seems like you have to "know someone" to contribute to
the Gnome Documentation Project. Their pages on developer.gnome.org are a
mess. It doesn't look like their Documentation Status Table
(http://www.gnome.org/gdp/doctable/doctable.php3) is being kept
up-to-date. How can I contribute when I don't know what needs to be done
and who's doing what?

      The GTK+ Reference Documentation Project is an even worse. It
looks like their status page (http://www.gtk.org/rdp/status.html) hasn't
been updated since *late 1999*! I guess they want to keep the information
a secret.

      What tags do I use to mark-up code for gtk-doc? What tools do I
use to process marked-up code and where can I download them? I'd like to
spread some documentation love to the GTK+ API but I don't know how.

      Do you have to be a close personal friend to someone on the Gnome
Foundation to write docs? Why do the documentation teams fail to document
their own efforts? Makes no sense to me.

yes, you need friends in GNOME for writing docs :-) but you're lucky,
because I was precisely looking for some new friends to write some
documentation for GNOME-DB :-)

We need a lot of documentation love in GNOME-DB, so if you want friends,
the job is yours :-)

cheers