Re: [gnome-love] Glade+Python tut

Hi On 2002.01.03 10:14 Daniel Veillard wrote:
    - galeon could not load the images referenced from
      http://www.icon.co.za/~zapr/Ch02.html

Oops! I tripped up on the Mozilla Composer window's habit of putting "file://..." in if you're not careful. The images hopefully now work. Thanks for pointing that out.

    - could be nice to detail a bit more how to use Glade (or point
      to a specific Glade tutorial) like for example how to actually
      attach callbacks to widget actions

      (BTW I still didn't found how to connect a callback to a mouse
event
       on the labels of a GtkCList)

I'm in the same boat. I don't actually understand much more than I've put on the Web. I intend to expand the site as I figure things out. I'm hoping it develops inot a "collaborative" type thing where a really useful online manual gradually takes shape. My gripe with tutorials is they come in two types: covering square one over and over, or leaping way over the head of novices. So by writing the tutorial as I learn and working through all the methods of all the widgets, starting with GnomeLess, I hope this will grow into a really useful cookbook.

    - Since learning by example is often one of the quickest way, it's
      a good idea to look in the set of documentation examples of the
      pygtk binding under
      /usr/share/doc/pygtk-0.6.8/examples/
      on my system, it's also a good idea to read the informations
provided
      by James in the doc directory.

I've looked at those documents, but probably not as closely as I should have. Like most people, I can't really grasp answers until I've butted my head against the question enough.

Thanks for the e-mail

Robert