Re: [gnome-love] compiling gnome-core

hi Rico,

Thanks Wayne. For a start about understanding how to
compile big projects, the aim that
I mentioned previously:

If I just download the latest tarballs, would I need
to remove the previous ones that I compiled?
Excuse the basic question but I gotta start somewhere
in this "jungle" of shared libraries and dependencies.

You could make uninstall the previous tarball, but to be honest, I never
do this. (and I've just installed new tarballs over old for many years)

Libraries have a fairly good way of keeping themselves independent, and
gnome names it library versions very carefully.

The only issue I have seen is that you are tight on hdd space you
sometimes have to carefully remove some old libraries VERY CAREFULLY by
hand.

Others might disagree.

ta,
wayne