Re: [gnome-love] compiling gnome-core

--- Wayne Schuller <k_wayne linuxpower org> wrote:
hi,

< snip >

1. I think you just want /usr/local as the prefix,
and that is the
default so you don't have to set anything.
Whatever it is it should match where gnome-libs is.
If you are happy polluting /usr/local, it is nice
because you never have
to worry about setting the prefix.

2. I would get the latest gnome-core and gnome-libs,
we have fixed alot of bugs since gnome-core 1.4.0.1.

Thanks Wayne. For a start about understanding how to
compile big projects, the aim that
I mentioned previously:

If I just download the latest tarballs, would I need
to remove the previous ones that I compiled?
Excuse the basic question but I gotta start somewhere
in this "jungle" of shared libraries and dependencies.

Rico.