Re: [gnome-love] Evolution and mailto: url's

Brian Rowe wrote:

Hello!

I'm in love with evolution, if I were a win32 user, evo would still be
my mail client!  There's only one glaring deficiency in it that I can
see.  There is no simple way to get the composer window to pop up when
you click on a mailto:// url in a web-browser.  I'd like to quickly hack
that out.

Again, i don't think evolution is the right place to start.
It is just moving too fast to keep track and the code is
bigger than other modules. it also depends on libraries
that are a bit harder to deal with.

I think adding a command line switch like "--compose <email address>"
would be good.  And I can add that, but I've never dealt with CORBA or
OAF, or anything of that nature.  So I'd like to get some help in that
area.

love,
Chema