Re: [gnome-love] Fixing gtk-spin-button for gtk 2.0

Chema Celorio <chema ximian com> writes:

I recently ran into a lot of troubles with GtkSpinButton. I was browsing
the gtk 2.0 code and discovered that it is still a little broken. I am
looking for a brave soul that wants to fix it. So if anybody is
interested speak up. I estimate this will be a 1-2 week task. Fun
hacking and the code needs to be very carefully written. We would then
send the patch to the gtk-devel-list. The brave soul will have to first
write a very small test program that shows why it is broken (and will
make it crash in a number of ways) and then write a patch to fix the
brokenes. I have an idea on how we could fix it.

Hi Chema,

This close to the freeze of GTK+, it's probably better to file this as a
bug in the bugtracker, especially if there's any chance that there will
be an API change component to this.  Additionally, there are plenty of
other bugs in the bugtracker against GTK+ if people are interested in
this kind of code...

Love,
-Jonathan