Re: Why are there no desktop icons with Wayland?

On Tue, Apr 18, 2017 at 09:53:46AM -0400, Sébastien Pierre wrote:
I'm coming back to Gnome following up the announced death of Unity, and had
one question that I couldn't find any answer for: why are there no desktop
icons in Gnome/Wayland? Is this a design decision, or a purely technical
decision that will get resolved in the (hopefully) near future?

Because that relies on X11. Under GNOME 3.24 (or 3.22 with the
backported patch) it'll work as well. It uses Xwayland just for the
desktop icons.

--
Regards,
Olav