Re: still not able to change window title bar color [rant]

On 12 May 2016, at 22:53, Britton Kerin <britton kerin gmail com> wrote:

* Why does gnome use ~/.local and ~/.config?  They think they the
center of my fcking universe that they take these generic names?

They’re generic names because it’s an open standard that KDE and other FOSS desktops and applications also
use:

<https://specifications.freedesktop.org/basedir-spec/basedir-spec-latest.html>

* How do I know if I want ~/.local or ~/.config?  Lots of functional
overlap to look at the files

Per the spec:

~/.local/share is the default location for user-specific data files.
~/.config is the default location for user-specific configuration files.

(Sorry, can’t help you with your other queries…)

—Calum.