Re: gnome3, yet another negative feedback

        I don't get you! Never ever has Gnome been so usable with only a
        keyboard. I mean lauch a program ex firefox with 3 keypresses
        ('windows key, then f, then enter) try to be that fast in
        terminal or in Gnome2 ;) !

Well, I can get to epiphany or firefox with the first three characters
then a [tab] key:
    epi[tab] == epiphany
    fir[tab] == firefox

Then enter. I like the shell a lot and its search function, but I just
wanted to defend the terminal :).

        In my opinion the same holds for the mouse with all the buttons.
        You use  the left click to work in current context, right click
        for more options in current context, middle click to open a new
        context, the wheel to do all sorts of scrolling. I think there
        are hardly any functions missing?

I think a lot of the critisism is because of the lack of familiarity and
often the removal of features without either end-user-consultance /
warning or an obvious reason (ie. Removal of transparency option in
gnome-terminal - end-users were not warned of the change and wouldn't
care about gconf migration if they were). Another one that annoys me is
the lack of close button on the window in full-screen apps, although
this should be resolved in 3.10, it's still deeply annoying to remomber
to either press Alt + f4, or click on the app context menu and click
'quit'.

£0.02
--
Marco Scannadinari <marco scannadinari co uk>