Re: gnome3, yet another negative feedback

On Thu, 2013-05-16 at 14:01 +0400, Alexey Blinov wrote:
I wish Gnome3 would use "classic" computer hardware, like keyboard and
mouse with 3 buttons (and a wheel)

Fortunately it does!  So your wish is granted.

 -- *fully* exploiting these classic hardware controls (I won't
explain, probably everybody who tried Gnome3, understands what I
mean).

Nope, I use it all day every day and have no clue what this [or all the
similar vague railings] means.  I use multiple large displays, keyboard
and mouse.  It works perfectly well with GNOME shell, and GNOME shell
exploits all the resources very effectively.

 Probably the target was all those touch-controlled screens, that's
fine, but also keep the desktop GUI for classic hardware.

No, no, and no.  This meme is just a tired saw.  The target was to
create a modern and effective desktop.  A goal achieved.

(As to videocard-accelerated effects.. I do welcome them, nice, eye
candy, but to me, interested first in getting work done, they are of
much less importance)

Yes, and GNOME does this.  Effects can be minimized, if required.
Although it runs perfectly well on both my Chromebook [running openSUSE
12.3] and my 6 year old 32-bit laptop.

(I tried Gnome 3.4 in new Debian 7 wheezy.)

That is 2+ major releases old.  GNOME 3.6 changed how video
'acceleration' was managed.  [which I can only guess is what your
complaint is - since you do not specify].

Thank you, and keep up the good work. Literally: keep up the Gnome2 :)

Sorry,  GNOME 2 is done, dead, and buried.

--
Adam Tauno Williams <mailto:awilliam whitemice org> GPG D95ED383