Re: gnome3, yet another negative feedback, install a "new' gnome 2.32

up the Gnome2 :)

Sorry,  GNOME 2 is done, dead, and buried.

NOT so fast....

I rebuild gnome2 with kernel 3.9 kms, systemd, wicd, applets... gtk3, libreoffice 4.0.3, gvfs... the same port
that FreeBSD 9.1 uses (and it works very well, I am wirtting
this from the gnome interface..
this nis different from the cinamon or mate... this is GNOME 2.32 build over an up to date
kernel 3.9.X

You may say I am crazy, I am old (yes I am, 62 years old, and counting...) the clients
still likes the old interface, as they love the old windows XP.

When (and if) gnome3 offers the same easy to use interface, whith panels,
desktop with icons, drop down menus, I will switch to gnome3.

Microsoft made a mistake to change the user interface, (dont be fooled by the media...)
what is the success of Apple???   they did dnot change the user interface...
Apple offeers 2 user interface (the iphone, and the Ibook)... when they will invent
another interface, they will put it in the new hardware too,  so new users,
will "embrace" new interface...

Done...

For those want to test...
you need a "brand" new archlinux with only the base system installed....
edit pacman.conf
and put BEFERE the core entry....

[gnome2]
SigLevel = Optional TrustAll
Server = http://gnome2.k1.com.br:81/$arch

than...
Pacman -Sy gnome2
this installs about 400 modules...
of course I did not have the opportunity to test all modules
deppendencies, so if a module reports missing....
just do a pacman -Sy module

The sistem is 64bis arch is X86-64