Re: showing the date on the gnome3 "top bar"

On 01/26/2012 11:37 PM, Jiro Matsuzawa wrote:
Hi Robert,

On Fri, Jan 27, 2012 at 1:03 AM, Robert Moskowitz<rgm htt-consult com>  wrote:
I REALLY don't like to look at only the weekday when the screen is locked.
  I like seeing the day of the year...
You may want to run the following command in your gnome-terminal:
--------
gsettings set org.gnome.desktop.interface clock-show-date true
--------
That will show a date on your locked screen.

Did not work.

I ran this from a terminal window SUed as root.
I then locked the system and it still showed the weekday.
So I tried restarting gnome, <alt-F2>r and locked the system, but the system locked up! I had to switch consoles, login as root and reboot. But the reboot hung and I had to power off from the switch and power back up. After all that, the login screen still showed weekday :( So did the lock screen.

Well I had a new kernel to install, and I resist kernel installs until I am in a boot situation and willing to reboot after install. So I installed the new kernel, rebooted and still weekday, not date.

Sigh.