Re: showing the date on the gnome3 "top bar"

On 01/25/2012 01:12 AM, Jiro Matsuzawa wrote:
Hi Allan,
You can change the format by use of gnome-tweak-tool.

1) run gnome-tweak-tool.
2) open the "Shell" menu on the tool.
3) switch on "Show date in clock".

But this only seems to work for your session. When you lock your system or before you login, it will be the weekday/time format.

I have not found a way to change that.

Plus sometimes Gnome looses its place in reality and you may see the weekday/time back on your top panel. To remind Gnome what its relaity is suppose to be, you can restart it with <alt-F2>r

At least this is what is happening on my system.  Rather a pain overall.