Setting date/time format on locked screen

I am running F16 and Gnome 3.2

I have set my top panel date/time format for DayOfWeek/Date/AMPM, but when I lock the screen (via <clt-alt-l> or user pulldown), the format is DayOfWeek/24Hr. After some amount of times of locking and unlocking the unlocked format stays as the locked format eventhough the setup still shows to use AMPM. I have found that with <alt-f2>r I can reload Gnome and get my date/time format back. This seems like a bug....

But how do I set the format for the locked screen? There does not seem to be any option to do this.