Re: GNOME: Seven Possible Recovery Strategies

On Mon, 2012-08-20 at 09:29 +1200, Daniel Farley wrote:
> http://www.datamation.com/open-source/gnome-seven-possible-recovery-strategies-1.html
> Just in response to this as a user of gnome 3, i really like it... i
> have used kde4 as well and have used gnome 2 even more but i really
> like the way gnome 3 works for me how simple and elegant it is, how to
> switch windows with the top left corner and how things keep moving in
> each window when this is happening.  How to start programs/settings by
> just starting to type what i want.

+1

> I fell i have pretty much enough customizability using the gnome
> extensions, and don't feel the need to traditional menu's at all.

Yep.  There are some fantastic extensions.  The Zeitgiest and Tracker
integration extensions are amazing.

> I know its hard to get the general users to change and like it...

No, I don't know that.  Clearly it is jarring for some people.  But I
don't know any "general users", and I doubt that category exists;
joe-six-pack-user is almost as mythical as my-grandmother-user,  these a
are stereotypes generally dragged out of the ash-bin [where they belong]
by partisans and nattering nellies.