Sign on with Empathy automatically?

Hi,

I just installed Gnome 3.2 and migrated from Pidgin to Empathy. When I log in the chat status in my user menu is "Unavailable" by default. I've to change it to "Available" by hand every time. I want to go online automatically but doesn't
like to start the Empathy user interface.
I looked for some information in documentation and web but didn't find anything
(but something with signon when using auto-login).

Thanks
Alex