How to set folder properties

Hello,

I have a requirement where I mount my file system at a mount point and I would like to disable previews for that folder, i.e., when a folder is opened, each file content is read populate the icons with previews. I used gconftool-2 to set the folder properties to show icon only and not to preview, but still a read request comes for my files. My questions are these:

1.       Is there a way I can disable the read from happening? So that a file manager like Nautilus doesn’t try to read nor show preview of the files.

2.       Can I do this specific to a given folder, i.e., when I mount my file system at a given directory, I would like these settings to apply for only that folder.

3.       Is this a file manager specific thing or has it got to do with gdm?

Any pointers will be helpful.

Thanks,

-Bharath