Re: GSoC

On 13.02.2011 22:23, Patrick Noble wrote:
Hey All,
I just wanted to introduce myself, and say I am interested in participating in the Google Summer of Code this year around, and was hoping Gnome is participating this year around as well. I am a fairly recent convert to Ubuntu, and am very impressed by Gnomes open source software and have to say that Gnome would be on the top of my list of organisations to apply to for GSoC. I have always been a little intimidated by online communities I am not a part of, so any advice on getting myself in and around Gnome would be a great help =) Even if Gnome is not participating in GSoC, I would still love to contribute in any way I can to development projects, or wherever else help could be needed.

Keep up the good work and keep up the open source =)

Thanks for your time
PNoble
Well good news Gnome is participating in GsoC! There is already an oganization wikipage:
http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2011
For you the wiki of last year might be interesting: http://live.gnome.org/SummerOfCode2010/Students

Hope that helped