gtumb functionality lost

I just installed Fedora 16 on a new Lenovo 120e notebook (to replace my old HP nc2400 running F14). So gthumb went from v 2.12.3 to 2.14.0. I cannot find how to do the following in 2.14.0:

full screen: really run full screen, not just show the thumbprint in a full screen.
GIF:   Animated gifs are not animating
Slideshow:  Where is it?
Editing:  Clipping, rotating, etc.

Seems that a lot is missing from gthumb.

I tried ImageViewer, but I cannot get it to show images in a different sort order than by name (eg last modified, decending).