Gnome3 -- liking it more each day.

I have temporarily had to turn the desktop icons on.  Prefer the clean
look, but don't like opening several secondary applications or what used
to be applets on the desktop at the same time.

Can I have a favourites bar/file but different containing different
applications associated with each work space.  Once the favourites bar
is associated I would like to be able to call it forward into the
associated workspace (i.e. desktop). Then change its shape, minimalize
it, move it, and close it.   I have several ideas how this could work.
--
Regards Bill
Fedora 15, Gnome 3.0.2