Some windows are too tall

So, every now and then a window pops up that's too tall for my screen (it's an EeePC 1005 HAB, so 600 px tall (I attatched an image of this)).  This prevents me from accessing any controls at the bottom of the window, interfering with most "preferences" windows and completely preventing me from using several programs.  I've searched documentation, Google, and asked in several places, so this is my last place to look.

I never had this problem in Openbox, because it didn't seem to have a minimum window size.  If a window needed to be larger than my screen could permit, if just set the window to the largest possible size vertically and added a scrollbar, and I could resize it to pretty much anything.  Am I missing some obvious setting or is this just not possible?