Is it possible always show the notification area icons in GNOME 3?

Hello, I've installed GNOME 3 on my Gentoo Linux, it really awesome
and I love it.

But here is a little glitch that I don't get used to: The notification
area is hide until I hit "Windows" key or move the mouse cursor to the
right-bottom corner.

Since I've some program use the notification to indicate their status
(for example, my Chinese input method use this to indicate whether I'm
in English mode or Chinese mode. And a program that show the CPU
temperature on the notification area).

It becomes a little inconvenient if I've to move the cursor or hit
"Windows" key just in order to check those status.

So is it possible to make the notification area always show on the
screen with GNOME shell extensions? Or is it possible to integrate the
notification area to menu bar just like GNOME 2.X or XFCE4?

----

BrianHsu