xrandr --scale vs. gnome

Hello!

I have an ASUS R2Hv device with 800x480 touchscreen running
OpenBSD-current with GNOME and gdm as login manager. To make it usable
I need to scale its screen resolution. As X11 doesn't support this
option in config, I have to run "xrandr --output LVDS --scale
1.5x.1.5".

The actual question is - where should I call xrandr?

I tried putting it into gdm Init script ("/etc/X11/gdm/Init/:0"), and
I had gdm in right resolution. But when I log in, I have only top-left
800x480 area visible with the rest of the screen covered with an
overlay (I believe it to be the nautilus panning the area that it
believes visible to me).

The same thing happens when I put xrandr to my ~/.xprofile.

When I put the xrandr in GNOME Session, I get some flickering after I
log in with a needed screen resolution, but (1) all the rightmost
panel applets are aligned to the 800px margin and (2) gdm is 800x480
with my touchscreen being calibrated against 1200x720 screen.

Any advices?

--
Dmitrij D. Czarkoff